We have been doing e-commerce for several years, which is one reason why we are really good at it. This experience, along with our innovative outlook and our highly skilled team, has made us one of the leading e-commerce companies in the Nordics and Portugal. We focus on long-term partnerships with companies that want to actively invest in and develop their e-commerce capabilities. We are currently working with both B2C and B2B companies and our customers range from entrepreneurial and owner-operated start-ups to internationally famous brands.
We are a team of 40+ employees. We work in small agile teams, made up of people with diverse competencies and responsibilities, but where everyone is directly involved in the whole cycle of software development. Our main office is at Kungsholmstorg in central Stockholm and we have additional offices in Portugal and Serbia.
We work on two of the world's strongest e-commerce platforms; Magento and Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
About the Role
We are expanding our team and looking for a Technical Lead to strengthen up our Magento development team in our Évora’s office.
Our ideal candidate will have a great passion for software development as well as learning new things and working with new technology and be someone who is motivated by innovative solutions. You are the kind of person that wants to succeed in your work and are ready to take the next step in your career. Furthermore, you want to improve your leadership skills and are motivated by sharing your knowledge with others. You thrive in a workplace that is creative and where you see results quickly. As Tech Lead, communication is key and you are comfortable in social situations. If you are an experienced web developer wanting to take the next step in your career but still enjoy coding and solving technical challenges, the Tech Lead role at Improove could be right for you.
As Technical Lead at Improove you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the technical solution for our client’s projects
- Leading a team of both frontend and backend developers involved in the delivery of e-commerce services that are mainly produced on the Magento platform
- Having the responsibility and ownership for leading the team regarding the definition and the delivery of technical solutions to Improove’s clients, as well as maintenance and development of the platforms
- Having a lot of contact with the clients in order to gather and analyze their requirements and translate them into technical solutions according to the company’s models. You will be supported by solution architects and client managers
- Computer Science or related technical degree
- 6+ years of experience working with web development and e-commerce
- Experience of team leading and mentorship
- Good technical knowledge in web-based development with a focus on PHP and MySQL
- Experience in managing clients and business partners
- Fluent in English, writing, and speaking is mandatory
Nice to have
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- MVC architectures
- Understand the concepts of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge or experience in Magento
- Knowledge of Symfony 2, Zend Framework, Composer, Redis, Varnish, Apache, Nginx and / or Capistrano
- Experience in Electronic Commerce / Digital Commerce
- Basic knowledge of server provisioning (Vagrant, Puppet and / or Docker)
- Opportunity to work with an extremely motivated international team
- Culture-oriented to feedback
- Possibility of bootcamps in the Stockholm office
- Support for attending training and technology conferences
- Regular social events
- Full working desk: MacBook Pro, Headphones, desktop monitor, among others