Senior Back-end Developer (Golang Expert)
HODL Media is a Palo Alto, California based startup and 500 Startups alumni. We’re the creators of the popular crypto market data app HODL, one of the top 3 most popular and best rated iOS apps for crypto market data, with over 30k+ 5-star ratings and 100k+ DAUs.
We’re building the world’s leading consumer platform for crypto market data & news. To facilitate this, we’re relocating our entire team to Lisbon from California. We’re now looking for a Senior Back-end Developer with Golang experience to join us in our new home.
If you want to make well informed investing in cryptos easier for everyone, then this is the role for you!
What you will be doing:
- Building the world’s biggest and fastest crypto market data API, handling real-time data from, and syncing and order execution with over 200 cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Building the backend for the mobile and web apps which includes:
- a blockchain based social layer with user profiles and chat and message boards
- a news search engine
- intelligent filter
- prioritization algorithms for our social media and news feeds
- scalable server-side caching of most market data
- news, and social media content
- handling user settings, preferences and credentials for accessing, syncing and executing orders with various exchanges
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- At least 4 years employment at excellent companies
- Experience with Golang
- Expert-level full stack development (both frontend and backend) and operation of a customer-facing cloud-based, production software system
- Expert-level software performance engineering
- Expert-level OO modeling
- Expert-level test writing abilities
- Expert-level teaming, mentoring and technical leadership
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
Experience with Node.js is preferred