Senior Technical Consultant - Data Engineer
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes. We're looking for a Senior Technical Consultant - Global Services.
Senior Consultants deliver end-to-end implementation services to OEM and enterprise accounts. These individuals are customer-oriented and capable of independently developing sophisticated Analytics and IOT solutions. The right candidates for this position have proven track records as experienced consultants with superior technical skills and the ability to ensure each client's long-term success. With a requirement for the combination of coaching junior consultants, leading solution designs, troubleshooting, escalation management, and hands-on delivery. It will also work closely with the project manager to ensure project status is communicated, a plan is in place, and progress is being made to achieve project completion. The role will apply advanced subject matter expertise to complex business issues; working on multi-faceted problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high-quality delivery
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Creative analysis, design and development skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage multiple engagements with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues!
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working with Business Analytics tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling * Experience in Data Modeling
- Familiarity with or experience \ education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile methodologies are a strong plus
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Fluent in Englis
Nice to have
- Additional languages (Spanish, French, German, Italian) is a plus.
- Health plan
- Flexible schedules
- Open source development
- An informal and relaxed work environment
- Lots of growth opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extraordinary.