Pentaho, now Hitachi Vantara, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT.
The Product Designer is an innovator that interprets the requirements of the investment themes to elaborate a vision that is coherent with the current product and its roadmap and works closely with the Development and Product Management teams to define the new features that implement that vision.
The Product Designer turns the what of the requirements into a set of usage flows that specify how the particular product will meet those requirements.
Either coming from a more technological or design background has to be capable of seamlessly bridging these two areas, always having the end user as the first priority
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Articulate work with UX Designers, Product Managers and Product Owners.
- Good understanding of the Design Thinking methodology
- Broad-thinking, ability to understand business and product challenges
- Exceptional organization, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Identify and target personas profiles
- Ability to work with Product Management and Engineering to gather and understand user requirements.
- Identifies challenges, caveats and formulates hypothesis
- Produces high level visions, using user flows, wireframes
- Good communication skills
- Autonomy, proactivity
- Willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others
Nice to have
- Experience with the Pentaho products
- Ability to understand the technology under the Pentaho products
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Health plan
- Flexible schedules
- Open source development
- Informal and relaxed work environment
- Lots of growth opportunities