Open Source Big Data Analysis and Business Intelligence
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
The role is responsible for a smooth transition from implementation to operations. The DevOps Engineer is an experienced professional, with a full understanding of practice specialization. They exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Perform innovative Delivery Services for Hitachi Vantara customers, as defined in a Statement of Work as identified by your manager, or as assigned by a Project Manager
- To be the expert in the implementation of best practices for continuous integration and deployment into complex environments for both on prem and cloud solutions
- Provide status information to Project Managers task status and completion estimates, making strong strategic decisions, based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
- Provide deliverables and dynamic presentations defined in the Statement of Work
- Work with the Project Manager closely to validate whether the Project completion expectations have been met, making the Project Manager aware of any deviations from the Statement of Work and highlighting when a customer requests an activity or deliverable that may be beyond the Statement of Work
- Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons-learned
- Identify opportunities to gain additional skills through working collaboratively with other members of the team, demonstrating an accountability for keeping own performance on track and ensuring that your skills remain at the forefront of your subject matter expertise
- Create detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer’s environment and requirements
- Work closely with the internal project team and customers to implement the technical solution, building mutual support and understanding with colleagues and customers
- Provide guidance to local teams or 3rd party partners to implement the technical solution
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to troubleshoot implementation, operational, connectivity and network issues, providing rational business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Broad technical consultancy and service delivery experience.
- Extensive experience within Hitachi Vantara technologies or a similar competitor or organisation
- Experience with some of each the following:
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Jenkins, Maven
- CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience with techniques and technologies such as data integration tools, Big Data, NoSql, SQL, scripting, ETL
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Degree or equivalent education or experience
- Establishing personal impact: Projecting personal confidence, expertise and passion when interacting with customers, vendors and employees at all levels in the organisation
- Health plan
- Flexible schedules
- Open source development
- Informal and relaxed work environment
- Lots of growth opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration.