QA Test Engineer- Core UC
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and highquality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
The successful applicant will have a solid track record and enjoy digging deep into technical issues. The ideal candidate will have experience with hosted communication related services, a deep understanding of networking protocols like SIP and a thorough understanding of software testing and life cycles in a continuous integration environment.
If you are detailed oriented, enjoy troubleshooting, hunting for illusive bugs and resolving these issues -- then this role is for you.
What You Will Do:
- Review business and functional requirements and technical specifications to create comprehensive test plans and test cases for backend features
- Own major features in the product and champion an intuitive and amazing user experience
- Plan, design and execute testing utilizing an Agile methodology
- Collaborate with other team members on these projects so as to deliver the projects with high quality
- Test Case Execution, Identify, report defects across multiple projects and assist the development teams on the analysis of defects and track them to successful resolution
- Provide accurate and timely testing status reports to the QA Lead / Manager and assist the QA Lead / Manager in the creation of the project Test Summary report
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of experience in hosted services and/or telecommunications industry, with experience in various phases of design, testing and executing test cases
- In depth knowledge of data networking technologies like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, subnets, routing, switches and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the use of packet capture analysis applications like Wireshark
- General understanding of Voice and Video protocols like RTP and H.264
- Knowledge of SIP endpoints such as Polycom, Yealink, ATA units and SoftPhones
- Knowledge of Asterisk PBX, dial plans and border proxy software testing
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Experience with SQL databases
- Solid understanding of common software development processes and methodologies – like Agile
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Git/GitHub, Jenkins and JIRA
- Experience in API (REST) testing
- Shell, PERL or Python scripting
- Experience in Java and Cucumber automation frameworks
- Ability to write in the Gherkin language