Junior Software Engineer
At FreightHub, we are building the backbone of global trade. We are revolutionizing logistics by making it easier, faster, and more cost-efficient to move goods from point A to point B anywhere in the world – via container ships, planes, trucks, and trains.
By radically automating processes and designing a superior user experience we make buying and selling goods anywhere on the globe more efficient and easy than ever before. If you aim to create impact with your work, solve real-world problems, and digitalize a multi-trillion-€ industry that fosters global prosperity, we’d love you to join FreightHub!
Check out our video to see what it is like to work at FreightHub:
As one of the top European Tech companies we are expanding our international presence to Portugal. Therefore we are opening a Tech Hub in Porto and need your help to make it happen. You will have the unique opportunity to shape the culture and team of this location and push the Tech scene of Portugal to a new level.
What Engineers at FreightHub build
- We build quoting and routing algorithms to calculate prices for moving goods globally, e.g. what does it cost and how long does it take to move 150 bikes from Taiwan to Berlin via airplane?
- We ingest live tracking data of ships, trucks and airplanes to infer meaningful actions on the supply chain, e.g. re-routing shipments when a ship arrives late
- We build a platform that makes global logistics easy, enabling our customers to focus on their core business, e.g. by providing them with a visual dashboard and map of their supply chain for actionable insights at any time
- We automate processes to lift the degree of automation from 5% to 90% - killing faxes, emails, and phone calls from logistics once and for all
- We build complex APIs to connect our partners and customers, e.g. for sending a truck through Europe, without ever talking to the driver
How Engineers at FreightHub work
- We are product-focused: Our features are built for customers and our platform exists to provide the best logistics experience in the world
- We use a modern stack: React in the front-end
- We work in a fast-paced environment: We rely on Kanban-based workflow, push to release every day, deploy high automated test coverage, and monitor constantly
- Up to 3 years of experience
- Engineering Star: You show that you can master the latest technologies and that you are versatile with modern languages, tools, and workflows.
- Product Lover: You goal is to build great products for customers, instead of moving tickets to Done
- Fast Learner: You learn quickly and strive to improve every day; you can adapt to a fast-growing organization with constantly changing requirements
- Passion Driver: You want to work on real world problems that create an impact in our world; you work hard to build a great product and take ownership for delivering high-quality code
- Offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Hong Kong
- Work from home policy
- Free Snacks, Breakfast & Drinks
- Flexible learning budgets for employees
- Pizza and beer on Fridays
- Regular learning events with internal and external stakeholders
- Be part of an international and highly professional young team (Google, BMW, DailyDeal etc.) led by serial entrepreneurs
- Revolutionize a global USD 450bn market
- We are backed by top notch VC investors (Northzone, Cherry Ventures, Global Founders Capital) plus strategic advisors from the logistics industry and recently raised a USD 20M Series A round
- Shape the company with your innovative ideas and solutions
- Help us change and accelerate worldwide trade