Senior Software Engineer - Scala
You want to be part of an agile, cross-functional team focused on designing & implementing scalable and highly-reliable solutions?
Our current backend services are mostly Scala-based. They are supported by a range of modern technologies, including Redis for caching, RabbitMQ for messaging, MongoDB and PostgreSQL for persistence, etc. This tech stack, of course, is not carved in stone; we are open to any suggestion that might help us improve our daily work.
If you are an expert in these technologies, a veteran dedicated to producing top quality software and find our adventure interesting - then we have a place for you!
- You feel more than comfortable with functional programming, and have gone (or, at least have a desire to go) beyond using just monads
- You have practical experience in developing RESTful services using Akka Http, Play and/or http4s
- You have worked on projects that utilize streaming I/O libraries, such as Akka Streams, scalaz-streams or fs2
- Deep knowledge of Scala-based testing frameworks, such as ScalaTest and ScalaCheck, is mandatory
- You are at least interested in more advanced Scala libraries, such as scalaz, cats, shapeless, etc.
- You have passion for microservice-based architectures and API-first development approach
- You are capable of making architectural decisions that will result in scalable, reliable, and performant systems
- You have a solid understanding of clean coding principles, functional and enterprise design patterns, and test-driven development
- You don't run away from documenting services under your supervision
- You are a team player and you're able to give as well as receive feedback
Nice to have
- Experience with, or interest in, modern software development approaches, such as reactive programming, CQRS, DDD, etc.
- Experience in developing applications for cloud platforms, namely AWS
- Experience in working with containers, service meshes, API gateways, service directories and similar technologies that make working with microservices a bit less painful
- Practical experience with build automation, continuous delivery, scripting, etc.
Open company structure with flat hierarchies
An international team coming from all over the world
Being part of the most exciting projects of the sharing economy
Opportunity to grow your own ideas
Bright loft office in the heart of Berlin
Competitive salary matching your experience and skills
A buddy system that helps you settle in
Unlimited free carsharing!