(Senior) Software Engineer - Node.js
Free2Move is one of the most exciting projects of the sharing economy. We are a subsidiary of PSA Group and the central column in PSA’s strategy to transform from a classic car manufacturer to a mobility provider. Today we offer our service in 10 different countries in Europe and the U.S. International providers such as car2go, DriveNow, COUP, Drivy and many local ones such as Flinkster, Share'ngo, and Autolib are part of our service. Even as we grow rapidly and add new providers with every update, we still have the revolutionary spirit that got us here. Our goal is to offer you a mobility guarantee, no matter where you are when you need it and where you want to go. For us, this is the essence of unlimited mobility. We can't wait to continue that journey with you.
Although our current backend services are mostly Scala-based, our microservice-based architecture allows for the usage of other languages.
Our back-end is supported by a range of modern technologies, including Redis for caching, RabbitMQ for messaging, MongoDB and PostgreSQL for persistence, etc. This tech stack, of course, is not carved in stone; we are open to any suggestion that might help us improve our daily work. If you are an expert in these technologies, a veteran dedicated to producing top quality software and find our adventure interesting - then we have a place for you!
As a software engineer:
- You are an experienced Node.js developer with a deep understanding of the environment
- You are passionate about microservice-based architectures and API-first development approach
- You are capable of making architectural decisions that will result in scalable, reliable, and performant systems
- You feel at home with PostgreSQL or other relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB)
- You have on-hands knowledge of developing applications for AWS (ECS, Lambda, etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of clean coding principles, and test-driven development
- Practical experience with build automation, continuous delivery, scripting, etc.
- You don't run away from documenting services under your supervision
- You believe in agile processes and live lean startup principles
- You are a team player and you're able to give as well as receive feedback
Nice to have
- Experience in some front-end frameworks like React or Angular
- Familiarity with ELK
- Room for professional development - attending developer conferences, access to tons of IT books
- Employer branding - organize internal tech talks and public developer meetups, contribute to our tech blog
- Open company structure with flat hierarchies
- An international team coming from all over the world
- Being part of the most exciting projects of the sharing economy
- Opportunity to grow your own ideas
- Cool loft office in the heart of Berlin
- Competitive salary matching your experience and skills
- A buddy system that helps you settle in
- Unlimited free carsharing!