Senior Product Designer (UX)
FindHotel develops the first hotel booking marketplace, currently serving over 2M visitors a month, in 42 languages around the world. Our mission is to improve the metasearch model and evolve it into a true booking marketplace, building the best place for customers to find and book a hotel
This is a highly important role for us, as you will both be joining our effort to improve and simplify our current design, as well as have a key role in defining our product evolution in the coming years.
What you tell your friends you do
"I designed the best hotel deal finder in the world"
What you will really be doing
- Analyze data, heat maps and interview users to understand their expectation from the hotel metasearch of the future.
- Develop new design components that will improve our users' ability to find the right accommodation for their needs.
- Prepare mock-ups that a UI designer just needs to pretty up a bit before they're sent to the front-end devs.
- Test dozens of designs a year, most of which will miserably fail, but teach us valuable lessons.
- Work closely with the product owner, data analyst and the development team to choose priorities and product design paths
How will you be doing this
- You design to solve problems
- Demonstrable customer focus (obsession a plus)
- You work from research to hypothesis to solution design, and only then bring the paintbrush.
- You prefer to remove an item than to add one.
You are joining a highly motivated team that meets ambitious deadlines, where there is always a budget for good ideas.
Experience is your guru, your gut feeling isn't. If an idea aligns with the user's best interests and makes sense to build, we will test it.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 8 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 20 to 40 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- Experience working on complex consumer problems (travel and e-commerce, other dynamic data products)
- UX generalist with skills ranging from user research, prototyping, interaction and visual design
- Visible experience in designing clean, usable interfaces for conversion-driven websites.
- Experienced with both desktop & mobile design.
- Attention to details and emphatic to the user.
- A great teammate and an excellent communicator, fluent in both written and spoken English.
- A fast learner with a curious mindset.
Nice to have
- Experience working on large scale travel or e-commerce products
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team.
- You will be working with a multidisciplinary squad of analysts, data scientists and engineers, and a product owner.
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam