Senior Front-end Developer
FindHotel develops the first hotel booking marketplace, currently serving over 2M visitors a month, in 42 languages around the world. Our mission is to improve the metasearch model and evolve it into a true booking marketplace, building the best place for customers to find and book a hotel
- Building and extending a blazing fast, responsive/adaptive multi-device front-end, using recent technologies such as React and Redux.
- Working closely with UX and UI designers prototyping innovative features to create a great experience for our users.
- Continuously improving our product after validating your ideas through A/B testing, both for mobile and desktop devices.
How will you be doing this?
- You are an experienced frontend developer in a diverse team of talented experts. Besides your own specialization, you will be involved in shaping all key aspects of the product.
- Work is prioritized together with the product owner and the rest of the team. You will receive immediate feedback from A/B tests and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- Choose the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you.
- You will collaborate with a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines.
- Big data and experience are your gurus, your gut feeling isn't.
What we have worked on last quarter
- We continued building flexible modular front-end comprised of stand-alone components anticipating large-scale A/B testing.
- Scalable Infrastructure. A completely new infrastructure for better performance and scalability for our internal applications.
- Built and ran multiple parallels A/B tests aiming to optimize the conversion of our website.
- Expanded our real-time tracking mechanisms, allowing us to make product decisions and validate our A/B testing efforts quickly.
A day at the office
- You and your fellow developers sit down with the Product Owner, UX lead and a Data Scientist to discuss the traject ongoing on-going A/B test. You decide together that based on available data, a new variation for the Available Rooms List on the Hotel Detail page is expected to improve conversion.
- After lunch, you and the UX lead sketch the variation which you will build together with your co-developers. While you deploy your experiment to the live site you're already thinking about that new feature you want to build for the mobile version of the website, which is added to the backlog of test ideas.
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Experience with mobile and responsive web development for a wide variety of devices.
- Experience with UX and conversion improvement. A big believer in A/B testing and iterative development.
- Bonus points for both unit and functional testing experience.
Why join now
- A fresh start: we're looking to completely revamp and improve our products in an iterative way via relentless A/B testing, we've been launching multiple tests and implementing winning variations each month
- Think it, build it, ship it: You will join an autonomous team and will be involved in shipping real value to our users, from the ideation process all the way until validation
- Modern technologies: Since we launched the Product Squad last year, we work with modern technologies, continuously updating our toolset and way of working with lessons learned
- New products on the horizon: we're planning to build new products such as dedicated mobile and tablet products
- Be part of a growing team of 40+ fun-loving colleagues from all over the world.
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished.
- Many chances to develop yourself including access to courses and conferences.
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths.
- A cheerful work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and many shared experiences in and outside the office.
- Flexible time-off vacation policy - take what you need