Back-end Python (Django) Developer
Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,000+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 2,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In four years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform. 🙌
The Festicket Family is currently 90, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in both Berlin and Amsterdam.🌍
We're now post Series-C funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds.🎉
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company. 💪
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. 🚀🚀🚀
We work incrementally but do occasionally take on bigger projects to update our stack and offering. Our current methodology is agile kanban.
You must have significant experience of working and delivering projects with the following technologies:
- 3+ years of working with Python (with some experience of Django or Flask framework)
- Very good mathematical abilities
- SQL, preferably PostgreSQL
- You have integrated systems with 3rd party APIs before
- You’re also fluent with the command line, you use git
We are looking for mid-senior level developers who specialise in Python and have some exposure to the Django framework (Flask applicants will also be considered).
We've had a big funding round in the middle of last year and our technical team is growing rapidly (from 4 to 20 people so far). We need to bring up-to-date our technology to meet the business's ambitions for the next few years.
We are a team of 20 looking to grow to over 25 immediately. To do this we need your dedication to get work done on time, to train new staff and integrate many new team members into this rapidly growing team while working with the other mid-senior developers to ensure that standards stay high and keep getting higher.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”. You have the experience and aptitude to provide direction for other staff, to help build the team as a whole and within its eventual sub-units.
You understand the hard work required to update and stabilise a large technical product and you are prepared to put this work into the project.
YOUR SKILL SET
You must have gone into a company or role with a maturing or mature technical product before. Having done such you are aware of the pros and cons caused by the startup coding mentality of "we'll fix that later". You also understand that you need to grasp the product's technical debt before planning or making significant changes to the product.
- The applicant would normally have a maths, computing or software engineering degree.
- Ideally you have setup and/or worked with a system of Continuous Integration.
Nice to have
It would be great if you’d had experience with one or more of Redis, Gunicorn, Nginx, Ansible, or Ubuntu; or if you’ve worked as a developer in the travel, music, or e-commerce industries before. But it’s not a requirement
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Free tickets for music festivals worldwid
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Remote working days allotments / work from home options
- Free www.perkbox.com account offering discounts & savings on hundreds of exclusive company perks.
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, croissants, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular team lunches
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more