Hybrid Mobile Cordova App Developer
At Emesa you have the chance to work on our own E-commerce apps. Emesa (VakantieVeilingen.nl) is looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced Hybrid Mobile App Developer to join one of our teams and help bringing our apps to the next level. We are tackling the challenging high-volume world of real-time auctions. We have high ambitions to scale and expand, and we need you to be the driver of it from mobile app perspective.
What you will be doing?
● As a Hybrid Mobile App Developer at Emesa you will be building awesome mobile apps based on our mobile web front-ends and API.
● You will make use of Cordova/PhoneGap to deliver high performing, secure, multi platform e-commerce apps.
● You will develop new features and functionalities. We expect you to come up with the technical requirements yourself in collaboration with the team.
● Every three months you can take part in the Emesa Labs Hackathon where you have the freedom to prototype your own ideas and experiments
How will you be doing this?
● You are a Hybrid Mobile Cordova App Developer in an international (but in-house) Front-end Scrum team
● You will deliver new features and improvements every sprint.
● You will explain why a solution is the right solution, instead of just adding another library or framework.
- University/ bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar position – or just an impressive track record/portfolio
- Experience in Cordova/PhoneGap plugin development and distribution.
- Experience in building Cordova plugins
- At least three years experience working in an agile team
- You have rudimentary knowledge of REST and git (GitHub)
- Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards
- Fluent in English; written and verbally
Nice to have
- Experience developing mobile apps (various techniques) and feeling with UX for various mobile devices and operating systems.
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS3, cross-browser compatibility.
- You are familiar with adaptive design and HistoryAPI/Pjax concepts
- Preferably several years of experience with: PHP and MySQL on a clustered LAMP
- Preferably knowledge of SOLR, ReactJS and/or NodeJS
- MVC pattern
- Developing yourself in our Academy.
- Working out with your colleagues. We have several different sports clinics at the office which rotates every quarter.
- We organise regular expert speaker session to develop our minds.
- Regular hackatons
- Best parties and drinks we can offer!