Senior UX/UI Designer - Innovation Lab
Do you believe in solving problems through collaboration, investigation and iteration? Do you have a proven track record of getting things done? Do you respond decisively to challenges? Are you someone that is fun and easy to work with? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are a global information design agency based in Barcelona and New York. We transform complex information and data into insightful, innovative and attractive user experiences.
We partner with our clients (Industry leaders and international organizations like Spotify, the United Nations or Stubhub) to create high-quality visual contents, combining design, animation and interactivity.
In order to stay on top of the game in terms of future trends, technologies and market opportunities we are looking for an experienced and highly talented Senior UX/UI Designer to join our Innovation Lab and help to collaboratively define the future of Elkanodata.
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate expertise, enthusiasm, drive, passion and curiosity for high-end digital experiences.
We are small but we are growing fast and want to grow even faster. We have our eyes set on the North American market. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us, keep a positive mental attitude and learn and try new things along the way.
Our colleagues and customers come from many different places. We need someone who is able to walk a mile in their shoes and prove that you can adapt to different styles and environments. We believe in an international culture.
Our agency is a great place to work. We work hard and we have fun. We like to surround ourselves with creative people who love what they do and have a passion for design, data and all things digital. We get stuff done whilst enjoying the ride.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Elkanodata, working hand in hand with our CEO and Creative Technologist in our Innovation Lab, you will:
Investigate, map and prioritize new trends, technologies, market opportunities and innovative campaigns
Conceptualize and facilitate innovation, brainstorming, inspiration and go-to-market sessions
Propose ideas to collaboratively define innovative and award-winning experiences, campaigns and/or products
Quickly prototype, test and validate ideas, formats and technologies both internally and externally
Design and develop new formats, products and campaigns together with our Creative Technologist and other members of the production team
Present ideas and campaigns internally, to clients and (ideally) at events
Define and optimize innovation processes working in an Agile environment using Frameworks like Lean Startup or Google Sprints in an agency context
- At least 3 years of professional experience of UX/UI design in a digital agency developing top quality digital experiences. Only candidates with a strong portfolio and a proven record will be considered
- At least 3 years of experience in product development, user research in tech companies or start-ups
- Willing to move or already lives in or around Barcelona
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, InVision, and prototyping tools
- Strategic thinking: able to identify industry trends and opportunities and shape the direction of the agency in complex areas
- Experience with Design Thinking methodologies for products and services
- Experience with Lean Startup and/or Google Sprints methodologies
- Collaborative problem-solving skills with an innovative mindset and strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of web and mobile programming languages and frameworks
- Agile project execution methodologies
- Experience in collaborative projects with other designers and developers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You know how to engage an audience with new ideas
- Experience leading and coordinating projects and teams of at least 3 people
- Full working proficiency in English
- You are confident in challenging and being challenged in a constructive manner, but you keep being humble
- You can coach, mentor and motivate others and can clearly communicate your passion and vision to your team. You can delegate and give clear directions
- You are a relationship builder. You initiate and manage working relationships with people that are based on trust and openness
Nice to have
- You started or ran a personal project or start-up
- Experience presenting at events or hosting them
- You have experience in data visualization/information design projects
- After Effects Skills or other animation software
- You have participated in projects or products that have won awards and/or received special recognition
- Half day Fridays (Grab a beer with us, go to the beach, hit the gym downstairs)
- Bonus scheme
- Offices in the center of Barcelona
- International, multicultural and talented team. We are a team of 10 and have more than 6 nationalities
- Team events (no, they are not mandatory!)
- A parking spot for your bike or motorbike (so it doesn’t get stolen whilst you work!)
- Fully flexible working hours
- Possibility to work some days from home