Senior UX/UI Designer
Do you believe in solving problems through collaboration, investigation and iteration? Do you have a proven track record of getting things done? Do you respond decisively to challenges? Are you someone that is fun and easy to work with? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are a global information design agency based in Barcelona and New York. We transform complex information and data into insightful, innovative and attractive user experiences.
We partner with our clients (Industry leaders and international organizations like Spotify, the United Nations or Stubhub) to create high-quality visual contents, combining design, animation and interactivity.
Right now we are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our Interactive Business Unit and help us develop top quality interactives, data visualizations and digital narratives.
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate expertise, enthusiasm, drive, passion and curiosity for high-end digital experiences.
We are small but we are growing fast and want to grow even faster. We have our eyes set on the North American market. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us, keep a positive mental attitude and learn and try new things along the way.
Our colleagues and customers come from many different places. We need someone who is able to walk a mile in their shoes and prove that you can adapt to different styles and environments. We believe in an international culture.
Our agency is a great place to work. We work hard and we have fun. We like to surround ourselves with creative people who love what they do and have a passion for design, data and all things digital. We get stuff done whilst enjoying the ride.
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Elkanodata you will:
- Create impactful and visually appealing user experiences to the highest quality standards
- Use your robust understanding of layout, type, color and composition in the digital environment to create beautifully crafted data-driven experiences through visual storytelling
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously towards successful completion collaborating with other designers, front-end developers and Project Owners
- Be the Owner of some of the projects you participate in. The Project Owner is responsible for managing the team involved in the project, establishing project timelines and ensuring the project is successful in delivering the client’s expectations, on time and to Elkanodata’s quality standards
- Collaborate with a Front-end Developer and another Senior UX/UI Designer to create beautifully crafted interactive experiences, working in an agile environment to quickly prototype new products and test new technologies, delivering award-winning visual interactive experiences
- At least 5 years of professional experience of UX/UI design in a digital agency developing top quality digital experiences. Only candidates with a strong portfolio and a proven record will be considered
- Willing to move or already lives in or around Barcelona
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Collaborative problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Agile project execution methodologies
- Experience in collaborative projects with other designers and developers
- Good communication skills
- Ability to balance creativity and production workload under pressure with concurrent and conflicting deadlines
- Experience leading & coordinating projects and teams of at least 3 people
- Strategic thinking: able to identify industry trends and opportunities and shape the direction of the agency in complex areas
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- You are confident in challenging and being challenged in a constructive manner, but you keep being humble
- You can coach, mentor and motivate others and can clearly communicate your passion and vision to your team. You can delegate and give clear directions
- You are a relationship builder. You initiate and manage working relationships with people that are based on trust and openness
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You have worked as a freelance or ran/started a small studio before
- You have experience in data visualization/information design projects
- After Effects Skills or other animation software
- Recruiting experience: you are able to attract and hire talented designers
- You have trained and mentored a junior designer before
- You have participated in projects that have won awards and/or received special recognition
- Half day Fridays (Grab a beer with us, go to the beach, hit the gym downstairs)
- Bonus scheme
- Offices in the center of Barcelona
- International, multicultural and talented team. We are a team of 10 and have more than 6 nationalities
- Team events (no, they are not mandatory!)
- A parking spot for your bike or motorbike (so it doesn’t get stolen whilst you work!)
- Fully flexible working hours
- Possibility to work some days from home