Do you believe in solving problems through collaboration, investigation and iteration? Do you have a proven track record of getting things done? Do you respond decisively to challenges? Are you someone that is fun and easy to work with? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are a global information design agency based in Barcelona and New York. We transform complex information and data into insightful, innovative and attractive user experiences.
We partner with our clients (Industry leaders and international organizations like Spotify, the United Nations or Stubhub) to create high-quality visual contents, combining design, animation and interactivity.
Right now we are looking for a Front-end Developer to join our Interactive Business Unit and help us develop top quality interactives and data visualizations.
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate expertise, enthusiasm, drive, passion and curiosity for high-end digital experiences.
We are small but we are growing fast and want to grow even faster. We have our eyes set on the North American market. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us, keep a positive mental attitude and learn and try new things along the way.
Our colleagues and customers come from many different places. We need someone who is able to walk a mile in their shoes and prove that you can adapt to different styles and environments. We believe in an international culture.
Our agency is a great place to work. We work hard and we have fun. We like to surround ourselves with creative people who love what they do and have a passion for design, data and all things digital. We get stuff done whilst enjoying the ride.
As a Front-end Developer at Elkanodata you will:
Develop interactive digital experiences, interactive infographics and data visualizations
Work closely with designers and Project Owners to effectively deliver top quality results and manage clients expectations, timings and resources
Be the Owner of some of the projects you participate in. The Project Owner is responsible for managing the team involved in the project, elaborating timelines and ensuring the project is successful at delivering the client´s expectations on time and to Elkanodata's quality standards
Collaborate with another Front-End Developer to create beautifully crafted interactive experiences, working in an agile environment to quickly prototype new products and test new technologies
Evolve current products based on market and customer needs. You will keep your ear to the ground to incorporate industry best practices and important developments into our products
- At least 4 years of experience working in digital agencies with the highest quality standards or as a freelance collaborating with digital agencies
- Willing to move or already lives in or around Barcelona
- Data Visualization libraries (D3.js)
- Wordpress Development
- Project management with Git
- Task Runners (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt)
- APIs management and Web Services
- Cloud server configuration and maintenance (Azure, Amazon)
- Intermediate experience in back-end development (PHP, Node.js)
- High attention to detail and heavy front-end expertise
- Project Execution Methodologies
- Experience collaborating with designers, preferably working with Sketch
- Good communication skills
- Experience leading & coordinating projects and teams
- Strategic thinking: able to identify industry trends and opportunities and shape the direction of the agency in complex areas
- You initiate and manage working relationships with people that are based on trust and openness
- You are confident in challenging and being challenged in a constructive manner, but you keep being humble
- You can coach, mentor and motivate others and can clearly communicate your passion and vision to your team. You can delegate and give clear directions
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
Nice to have
- You have participated in projects that have won awards and/or received special recognition
- Recruiting experience: able to attract and hire talented developers
- You have trained and mentored a junior developer before
- Half day Fridays (Grab a beer with us, go to the beach, hit the gym downstairs)
- Bonus scheme
- Offices in the center of Barcelona
- International, multicultural and talented team. We are a team of 10 and have more than 6 nationalities
- Team events (no, they are not mandatory!)
- A parking spot for your bike or motorbike (so it doesn’t get stolen whilst you work!)
- Fully flexible working hours
- Possibility to work some days from home