Senior Data Engineer
Elinvar offers asset and wealth managers the digital B2B2C platform for their business: Comprehensive, digital, and customized for each partner’s business model.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence.
As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
As Senior Data Engineer, you are responsible for designing and delivering our enterprise data solution, working closely with engineering, product, and data science teams to understand how to best deliver a data ecosystem that delivers on the immediate needs of the business and looks to the future as we scale. You will be building from the ground up, working to get the most out of data generated in the operation and use of the system – including order data, investor data, and usage data – as well as setting up secure and efficient protocols for migrating partner data and incorporating third-party data sets.
What will keep you challenged?
- Responsible for the architecture and infrastructure of the enterprise data lake which supports both internal and external use cases
- Design, implementation and maintenance of database solution for the core applications and analytic use cases
- Evaluating different approaches and technologies to match the evolving needs of the business
- Analysis of complex data elements to debug, analyzing and proactively improve our data ecosystem
- Collaborating with engineers, data scientists and other key stakeholders to develop solutions that address key business requirements
- Keeping up with industry trends and best practices and continually improving how we approach our data challenges
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- 3+ years as a data engineer or related role in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of database concepts and principles, including database modeling, ETL processes
- Experience working with both streaming and batch data sources (Kafka, SFTP, etc.) and with latest SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, Couchbase, etc.)
- Effective communicator with a proven record of collaborating with different stakeholders including software engineers, data scientists, product managers, etc.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to solving both business and technical problems
- Systems management experience a plus
- Join a high-performing team with diversity and ownership as our core values
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicate people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensuring Elinvar’s long-term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office