Senior Java Back-end Developer
Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and at a better value for our 18,5 million customers worldwide. Our professionals develop and use cutting-edge tools to be able to offer more combinations of tailored travel plans than any other site (we can create 3,000 travel plans in 10 seconds!).
We’re now looking for a talented Senior Java Back-end Developer to join our Engineering Team based in Barcelona, reporting to the IT Team Lead.
Working on new projects and ideas, innovating and sharing your experiences with your teams makes the opportunity to develop, both at a professional and personal level. You’ll get to work in an incredibly dynamic, evolving industry in which every day brings new challenges and new levels to aspire to.
You will be responsible for developing features for our in-house platform which support all ODIGEO brands. Our ideal candidate is passionate about the IT development for high-performance applications, analytic mind and willing to make Java analysis, user-oriented, likes challenges and learning about new technologies. You will add value to our development team so a strong level of knowledge in this area, an enthusiasm to learn and share information is essential.
As a Senior Java Back-end Developer at eDreams Odigeo you will:
- Design and develop new features using the best practices and the last technology in IT to support new functionalities and releases
- Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
- Secure the performance, reliability, scalability and security
How does our Java team work?
- We are building a Java passionate team focused on high-performance applications
- We value hunger for learning, ambition and sharing
- We build complex applications using the new best methods and technologies. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovation
- You will work in an informal atmosphere with a young team but highly qualified
- We have the chance to work with amazing Agile Coaches and Product Owner helping Technical Team to follow the best practices of Agile Methodologies
- We work hard, live and breathe Java and always think out of the box to create new exciting features!
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer)
- At least 2 years of experience in complex technology environments
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language/coding
- Solid know-how in Java Enterprise Edition 6 & 7: servlets, JSP, JSF 1.2, EJB 3.0, JPA
- Good Technical English Level
- Dynamic, proactive, passionate by Java, willing to evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
Nice to have
- Web Development for platforms with high load and concurrency
- Unit test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG) experience
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Versions Control (Mercurial with Bitbucket)
- Analysis documentation and Design in UML
- Gathering and formalizing requirements
- Experience using JBOSS applications servers
- Amadeus XML API
- Java SUN Certifications
- Experience within the tourism sector is highly valuable, in particular with GDSs integration: Amadeus, Galileo, or in Hotels or Finance Booking systems
- Office with open spaces, breakout areas, training spaces, terraces with great views of the city, KANBAN boards, UX labs and more!
- Variable bonus compensation based on both individual and company performance.
- Discounts with our network of partners (airlines, gyms, restaurants, shops)
- Half-day Fridays
- Free English & Spanish language courses
- No dress code among our policies
- Showers and changing rooms on site where you can freshen up for whatever rocks your boat
- A range of company benefit plans (healthcare, meals, transport passes, childcare vouchers, accident and life insurance, etc.)
- Work and fun go hand in hand! Our Go!Teams will invite you and your teammates to social activities and events (support charities, celebrate successes, milestones or just Christmas, and even take part in sporting events)
- An informal management style that promotes simple and direct relationships between team members and across teams