Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and at a better value for our 18,5 million customers worldwide. Our professionals develop and use cutting-edge tools to be able to offer more combinations of tailored travel plans than any other site (we can create 3,000 travel plans in 10 seconds!).
We are applying our experience in lodging systems and microservices architecture to build a state of the art bedbank.
Right now we are looking for a PHP Developer to join our Engineering Team based in our HQ offices in Barcelona.
We believe that great businesses come from great products built by great teams. That is why the tech team is constantly investing in infrastructure and software quality. We also put a lot of emphasis on scalability and reliability by promoting the use of unit tests and code reviews, supporting our continuous integration and delivery flow.
Our main programming language is PHP 7, but we are open to test and adopt other technologies if they fit better to solve a specific problem. We love to challenge our limits in order to give great value to the business.
We keep the team excited offering a culture of training and innovation through training and pilot projects. We are a team with a lot of passion for technology. If you join us we are sure that you will have fun and learn a lot from us (like us from you) and grow together as professionals.
As a Senior PHP Developer at eDreams ODIGEO you will:
- Develop and maintain web applications with special attention to code maintainability and application performance
- Work in our multidisciplinary team with various stakeholders, helping to understand the business’ requirements, formulate use cases and then translate it into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Define, analyze and integrate the right web technologies that may suit the different cases
- Analyze and optimize DB access and design
- Help in defining, analyzing and implementing any development tool that may help increase the team’s productivity
- Use best practices such code reviews between the members of the team in order to learn and increase our code quality. Every code is written with unit tests and integrated with our CI
- Have fun coding!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in PHP5/PHP7 (OOP)
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB as well as with unit testing is a must
- You understand SOLID and Clean code and have experience applying it when coding
- Fluent in English and good communication skills
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an agile development culture
- Personal interest in continuous learning and self improvement
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
Nice to have
- Domain Driven Design
- Experience with Go or Node.js
- Knowledge of databases like Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Asynchronous communication using events, Domain Events, CQRS, Event Sourcing, etc.
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Performance and Profiling
- Experience with frameworks like Slim, Silex or Symfony 2 is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker, Ansible, Vagrant, etc.
- Service Discovery
- Office with open spaces, breakout areas, training spaces, terraces with great views of the city, KANBAN boards, UX labs and more!
- Variable bonus compensation based on both individual and company performance.
- Discounts with our network of partners (airlines, gyms, restaurants, shops)
- Half-day Fridays
- Free English & Spanish language courses
- No dress code among our policies
- Showers and changing rooms on site where you can freshen up for whatever rocks your boat
- A range of company benefit plans (healthcare, meals, transport passes, childcare vouchers, accident and life insurance, etc.)
- Work and fun go hand in hand! Our Go!Teams will invite you and your teammates to social activities and events (support charities, celebrate successes, milestones or just Christmas, and even take part in sporting events)
- An informal management style that promotes simple and direct relationships between team members and across teams