Java Back-end Developer
Our passion is travel, Our business is technology
Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and at a better value for our 18 million customers worldwide. Our professionals develop and use cutting-edge tools to be able to offer more combinations of tailored travel plans than any other site. (We can create 3,000 travel plans in 10 seconds.)
We are now looking for a Back-End Java Developer to join our team:
- Design and development new features using the best practices and the last technology in IT to support new functionalities and releases;
- Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis;
- Secure the performance, reliability, scalability and security.
And what about the JAVA team?
- We are building a JAVA passionate team focused on high performance application;
- We value hunger for learning, ambition and sharing;
- We build complex applications using the new best methods and technologies. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovation;
- You will work in an informal atmosphere with a young team but highly qualified.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer);
- +2 years’ experience in complex technology environments;
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language/coding;
- Solid know-how in Java Enterprise Edition 6 & 7 : servlets, JSP, JSF 1.2, EJB 3.0, JPA
- Good Technical English Level;
- Dynamic, proactive, passionate by JAVA, willing to evolve in a fast paced environment;
- Good communication skills.
Nice to have
- Web Development for platforms with high load and concurrency;
- Unit test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG) experience;
- Oracle PL/SQL;
- Versions Control (Mercurial with Bitbucket);
- Analysis documentation and Design in UML ;
- Gathering and formalizing requirements;
- Experience using JBOSS applications servers;
- Amadeus XML API;
- Java SUN Certifications;
- Experience within the tourism sector is highly valuable, in particular with GDSs integration: Amadeus, Galileo, or in Hotels or Finance Booking systems.
- Discounts with our network of partners
- Half-time Fridays during Summer
- Free language courses
- Your identity and style make you unique! You’ll find no dress code among our policies. We simply value you for you
- Work-life balance is important for us, so whether you run or cycle to work, need to scrub up after the in-house yoga session or want to head out for an evening in town after work, you have showers and changing rooms onsite where you can freshen up for whatever rocks your boat
- To make day-to-day life easier and remove worries, you’ll have the choice to tailor your contract from a range of company benefit plans (healthcare, meals, transport passes, child care vouchers, accident and life insurance, etc.) *