Deloitte provides audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte drives progress.
We serve four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing, world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients' most complex business challenges. Deloitte's approximately 245,000 professionals make an impact that matters.
Deloitte Portugal has offices in Lisbon, Oporto and Luanda with more than 2,000 practitioners who daily make a commitment and share common values and motivation throughout the Deloitte Universe: to become the standard of excellence.
With the increasing need for more effective risk management by organizations, Deloitte's Risk Advisory area has been expanding and, using advanced data modeling and data analysis techniques, we want to create innovative approaches to address related issues with risk management, in particular credit and market.
In this sense, we are looking for professionals that integrate our data science area, and whose main responsibilities are to support the development of advanced risk models, namely:
- Create innovative approaches to respond to the most relevant issues of our clients, through the application of analytical approaches
- Development of models and data processing using statistical techniques and data mining (eg random forest, regression, decision trees, artificial neuronal networks, support vector machine)
- Solid academic training in quantitative areas (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, etc.), preferably at the pre-Bologna degree, Post-Bologna Masters or PhD
- Experience in programming and ease in learning new languages (SQL, R, Matlab, Python, etc)
- Work experience with large amounts of data, predictive models, multivariate statistical analysis and the use of machine learning and data mining techniques are valued
- 2 to 7 years of experience working with analytical models and complex data, valuing experience in the risk area of banking and insurance
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Oriented for solving complex analytical problems
- Proficiency in communicating complex information effectively
- Strong analytical and project coordination capacity
- Team work/ management capabilities
- Sense of responsibility and strong orientation towards results
- Proactivity and creativity in obtaining the best solutions for customers
- Good knowledge of English (written and oral)
- Availability for international projects
- Strong motivation for a career in Consulting
Nice to have
- Experience in SAS technology