Lead Front-end Developer
Debut is an award-winning student and graduate careers app that is disrupting the recruitment industry, and is set to expand internationally. The company is VC-backed and has raised over £2.2M, where today more than 50 well-known multinational companies choose Debut.
You will be in charge of leading all Frontend development, and all decisions that involve. You'll participate in the complete cycle of product development, applying your knowledge to the analysis, design, programming, implementation and maintenance stages, next to the product team. The position reports directly to the Head of Frontend and you will have the opportunity to Head the Frontend team in the future.
We are looking for a highly competent engineer, passionate about technology, able to propose new ideas to help the platform lead the market globally, and eager to explore new technologies. You need to be proactive and work effectively as part of the team, decision-making, while also able to work efficiently and autonomously. You’ll be working as part of the vibrant and friendly Debut team in our WeWork coworking space near Old Street, with the opportunity to grow professionally in a startup with a steep growth trajectory.
- Owning the whole Frontend product and embracing our vision of where we want to be in the short, medium and long-term.
- Contributing to and continuing to build the Frontend platform to a high standard.
- Working closely with the Design and product teams to define and discuss new features.
- Maintaining the quality of the platform following each release, and monitoring crashes, stability, and KPI metrics.
- Managing to ship all the way to Production, while keeping the product true to its values and heart.
- Improving the development process in any way you consider appropriate.
- Experience building elegant, responsive and useful Front-end solutions.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Demonstrate the impact your work and decisions have had on your previous teams/companies with pride.
- Know what is needed to support multiple browsers, speed render, monitor in production, get crash reports, usage metrics, etc.
- 28 days of holidays
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing offices in the heart of Shoreditch
- Great hardware for great developers
- Table tennis & free beer on tap!