Lead Android Developer
Debut is an award-winning student and graduate careers app that is disrupting the recruitment industry and is set to expand internationally. The company is VC-backed and has raised over £2.2M, where today more than 50 well-known multinational companies choose Debut.
You will be in charge of leading all Android development, and all decisions that involve. You'll participate in the complete cycle of product development, applying your knowledge to the analysis, design, programming, implementation and maintenance stages, next to the product team. The position reports directly to the Head of Tech and you will have the opportunity to Head the Android team in the future.
We are looking for a highly competent engineer, passionate about technology, able to propose new ideas to help the platform lead the market globally, and eager to explore new technologies. You need to be proactive and work effectively as part of the team, decision-making, while also able to work efficiently and autonomously. You’ll be working as part of the vibrant and friendly Debut team in our WeWork co-working space near Old Street, with the opportunity to grow professionally in a start-up with a steep growth trajectory.
- Owning the whole Android product and embracing our vision of where we want to be in the short, medium and long-term.
- Continuing to build the Android app, which already has the following core features:
- Unity Games: Where candidates can win an internship on any of our partner clients
- DebutLive: A live stream solution, where employers gives talks directly to students
- Psychometrics: the First app offering psychometrics for free
- Job Postings: Where candidates can find and apply for unique job positions.
- Talent Spots: Where candidates receive fast-track opportunities.
- Working closely with the Design and product teams to define and discuss new features.
- Maintaining the quality of the app following each release, and monitoring crashes, stability, and KPI metrics.
- Managing to ship all the way to the Play Store, while keeping the product true to its values and heart.
- Improving the development process in any way you consider appropriate.
- Experience building native Android apps and publishing them to the Play Store.
- Demonstrate the impact your work and decisions have had on your previous teams/companies with pride.
- Strong knowledge of the necessary languages/frameworks, mainly Java.
- Know what is needed to monitor the app in production, get crash reports, usage metrics, etc.
- 28 days of holidays
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing offices in the heart of Shoreditch
- Great hardware for great developers
- Table tennis & free beer on tap!