Critical TechWorks is developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines.
We’re looking for a UX Design Alchemist to join us in changing the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, designers, technologists, futurists and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary UX design role. We’re looking for someone spectacular – someone who stands out and who can contribute big things working alongside our dynamic team of technical wizards.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a problem-solver, a planner and a doer. Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- Addicted to problem solving with a gift for storytelling, and passionate about design
- Customer obsessed and able to clearly communicate how your designs will impact the user’s activities
- A good sense of end user knowledge and mental models, coupled with the ability to translate them into user interfaces that users can relate with easily
- A natural inclination to be very detailed, from research to mock-ups to specifications
- A keen focus on productivity balanced with the ability to experiment with multiple solutions from the earliest design stages
- Experience of creating and delivering captivating keynotes, high-fidelity mock-ups and functional prototypes, both to internal teams and customers
- Strong analytical skills complemented by a creative and experimental streak
- The ability to maintain pro-activeness when working with several different design and development teams
- Experience working with Adobe Suite, Sketch or Axure for prototyping and UI specification
- Previous experience in designing desktop software
Nice to have
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit)
- Experience working with development teams running Scrum preferred
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Optional bonus: the ability to converse in German