Cyber Security Engineer
Fusing technology and talent, we’re developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines. Fuelled by the principles of agile software development, we’ll use our freedom to think, disrupt and transform the way things are done.
We’re clear about where we’re heading. We plan to change the way the world thinks and feels about cars: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to connectivity. Get ready for a journey like no other.
Cyber Security Wizards need challenging projects: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to vehicle connectivity, Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
As a cyber security engineer, you will:
- Work side-by-side with product owners and DevOps teams
- Be responsible for helping to build security into applications by creating effective security measures; ones that minimise the likelihood of unauthorised code entering applications and manipulating data.
- For you, security is a cornerstone principle!
- At least 3 years experience in Cloud Computing Security
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure, enterprise It and Security
- Understanding of industry disciplines, technologues and applications relevant to networking infrastructure and security
- Knowledge of security governance, standards (ISO2700x series), audits, ect.
- Server security knowledge (testing, hardening, etc.)
- Application security knowledge(secure development lifecycle, testing, OWASP, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages and OSs: Phython, Perl, Unix, Windows, Linux
- Professional information security certifications such as ISMS, CSSLP, CCSP
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java and C++
Nice to have
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit)
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Optional bonus: the ability to converse in German