CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, code quality, tool, and technology adoption.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to make and interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience on relational Database e.g. Mysql / MariaDB
- Working experience in Grails / Groovy / JAVA language is a plus *