ReactJS Web Developer
Cartrack SA commenced operations in 2004 and has grown rapidly into a market-leading telematics service provider.
Initially, Cartrack focused on stolen vehicle recovery services, South Africa has one of the highest vehicle theft/hijacking rates in the world. Today, Cartrack boasts an audited 93% stolen vehicle recovery rate which is achieved through its focus on miniaturisation of in-vehicle units, special installation techniques and its national in-house team of recovery agents. Backing Cartrack’s confidence in its top-class recovery rate is its unique Recovery Warranty, giving cash back to its customers in the unlikely event of non-recovery.
Through its programme of development and continuous improvement, Cartrack offers a wide range of services and vehicle tracker units to best suit a customer’s needs.
Cartrack is looking for candidates that can join our growing R&D team in Lisbon as a ReactJS Web Developer. We are creating revolutionary platforms that will change the industry. We’re on track to reach 1+ million subscribers soon and are seeking passionate people with relevant experience to help deliver world-class software solutions to our clients. To be successful in this position the candidate must work well in a fast paced environment with like minded engineers that have a desire to build incredible software in a fast, efficient and scalable manner.
- Design and develop scalable, feature-rich web applications using ReactJS and Redux
- Consume RESTful/JSON services to power applications
- Work with UI/UX designers to implement user-friendly solutions
- Introduce new technologies into the team based on fit and suitability to deliver a solution
- Be able to deep dive into the technical aspects needed for optimization of web applications
- BS Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like cross browser compatibility, layout
- Good understanding of simplified user-centric design
- Ability to deep dive into the technical details, but never be out of touch with business requirements
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination and planning, self-driven, and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organization.
- Excellent time management
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
Nice to have
- mapping technologies (Google Maps)
- agile development methodologies
- distributed source control systems (git)
- performance/analytics tools for web applications
- continuous integration (Jenkins)
- unit testing, test driven development, static code analysis