Senior Back-end Developer
At BMAT we are a team of talented professionals from every corner of the world that are crazy about music and technology! We love combining both to create innovative and valuable services.
Working as a SaaS enterprise, we specialise in monitoring music played on the radio, TV and online, in publicity and clubs, by way of data processing and reporting platform. We monitor 4.000 radios and television channels, clubs in five continents, and collaborate with Deezer and Spotify online, among many others; we manage a database of 25 million musical works, which increases on a path of approximately 1.300.000 each month sourced from record labels, digital distributors and others partners. Our clients -more than 60 performing rights organisations worldwide-consider BMAT to be a world leader in music monitoring.
You will contribute to the development and maintenance of a distributed platform that monitors the music in more than 4.000 channels across the world.
As a Senior Back-end Developer at BMAT you will:
- Design and implement new features
- Bug fixing
- Platform maintenance: when an angry Sysadmin tells you off because a process is overloading a machine or causing network congestion, you will remain unfazed and fix the problem quickly
- Communicate with other departments: explain technical ideas to non-technical people, translate customer needs into requirements
- Lead a small team of back-end developers
- Report to our Head of Software
- All our platform runs on Linux, with a few machines on Amazon EC2
- Our server-side code is written in Python, with a little bit of C here and there
- We use MySQL as a database
- Our source code is managed with Git
If you are familiar with those technologies, great! However, they are not mandatory. If you are enthusiastic and think you can help us make Vericast a better software, you are very much welcomed to apply!
Nice to have
- BMAT's lingua franca is Spanish/Catalan, so fluency in those languages would be a plus
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home policy
- Social benefits (health insurance, ticket restaurant, transport tickets)
- Free coffee, tea and fruits
- Free language courses
- Informal, dynamic, multicultural, young and innovative environment