Product Operations Engineer
BloomReach is seeking an experienced and qualified Production Operations Engineer accountable for maintaining our cloud infrastructure technical operations. We are looking for a strong engineer who will make our cloud infrastructure real-time, responsive, and highly available ensuring a great customer experience and best-in-class system.
The Production Operations team at BloomReach has a broad responsibility. You will be responsible for the availability and reliability of all production serving infrastructure. Our systems are growing rapidly and some of the largest high traffic destinations on the web depend on them. It is a demanding role calling for deep technical understanding, vision, and hands-on execution to scale operations infrastructure to high levels of reliability, efficiency, and automation.
The ideal candidate is a customer-centric engineer who can build strong and productive relationships across the organization, acting as a true partner with engineering and with customers. We are looking for an engineer knowledgeable with the latest technologies like Go, Kubernetes, and AWS to maintain a truly outstanding infrastructure
- Maintain technical operations for all cloud infrastructure
- Ensure high reliability and availability for production serving systems, including upgrade and release processes and incident handling
- Deploy internal and external monitoring solutions
- Work independently and closely with engineering team and architecting infrastructure deployments for existing and new projects
- Directly responsible for troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stack
- Operate with transparency, integrity, respect, and within the BloomReach Values
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field of study)
- Experience in cloud technologies and services like Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Experience with administering linux or unix systems
- Experience with networking, architecture and core web technologies like load balancing, web servers, HTTP, DNS, and SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with monitoring systems such as sensu, graphite, nagios, ganglia, pingdom, cloudwatch, splunk, sumo logic, etc
- Experience with config management tools such as salt stach, chef, puppet
- Experience with shell scripting and at least one other scripting language (Python preferred)
Nice to have
Money (including a yearly discretionary bonus).
- Working in the center of Amsterdam.
- State of the art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook Pro/Lenovo P50)
- Stock options.
- 50/50 pension scheme.
- Fully reimbursed bike or public transport travel expenses.
- Bi-weekly massages.
- Focus on your development.
- Relocation Package (e.g. visa, flight tickets, 15 days accommodation, etc).
- Water gun fights, ski trips, summer parties, table football, bring your pet to work day, etc.
You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.