Front-end Software Engineer
Being a Front-end Engineer at Avrios
You work on a high variety of technical and business related topics from implementing great UI/UX to sprint planning.
- Part of an allround SCRUM-team of 5-7 other engineers. You have your specialisation but are adept to handle a variety of tasks
- You work on a complex SPA with a fast-growing customer base
- Get direct feedback from the Customer Success team whilst having plenty of room to experiment and discuss priorities with the team
- Make data-driven decisions, leave gut-feel to the marketeers
- Use the right tool for the job. Decisions from the past are not sacred
A day in the life of a Frontend Engineer:
'This morning I knew I had to check Bugsnag first. A new big feature (whole bunch of smart fleet management reminders) has been released a day before. Some customers have probably already seen an introduction video or tried to use the thing. Surprisingly there weren’t many exceptions logged, and only one seemed to need an urgent fix. Done, pull request approved, cherrypicked, hotfix deployment scheduled. Customer success team is happy today too - users reacted to the first reminders, seemed to enjoy the new functionality and understood the UI really well. Music to frontend developer’s ears :) Some minutes left before sprint planning - don’t forget to add the ticket for that performance improvement our fuel cost visualisation needs. The next sprint looks promising - a proof of concept for WebSockets & RxJS done this week has shown we’re ready to start on some reactive challenges.'
- Experience in building and running large, complex and scalable web applications
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- You have a Swiss or EU passport (or other permit that allows you to work in Switzerland) *
Nice to have
- Testing experience is a big plus
- You like working on the hard and tricky stuff and say ”Challenge accepted!” way too often.
- The freedom to have a big impact on a fast-growing international startup
- A generous education budget
- An incredibly dedicated, intelligent and experienced team
- A great culture that promotes open feedback and a flat hierarchy
- Centrally located offices in the heart of beautiful Zurich