Founded in 2011, Aptoide is the first social Android App Store. With over 200 million users, 4 Billion downloads and 1 Million Apps, Aptoide is a community based platform that reinvents the App discovery experience through a social environment, tailored recommendations and the opportunity for users to create and share their own personal app stores.
Aptoide also provides customizable white-label App Store solutions for developers, OEMs, Telcos and Integrators, through which they can upload and distribute their Android Apps.
The Aptoide App Store is available for mobile, TV and VR devices and is accessible in over 40 languages.
With an ever-growing community of users and partners worldwide, Aptoide is now one of the leading players in the world of Apps.
2013 - $1Million Seed funding from Portugal Ventures.
2016 - $4Million Series A financing by e.Ventures, Gobi Partners & Golden Gate Ventures. Aptoide is headquartered in Lisbon and has offices in China and Singapore.
AppCoins, as a project developed by Aptoide, aims to revolutionise app economy with the currency for App Stores.
The app economy has three main inefficiencies which are (1) lack of transparency or trust, (2) advertising inefficiency, (3) costly and inaccessible in-app purchases. AppCoins is the solution. It is an open and distributed protocol for app stores based on the Ethereum blockchain, using the ERC20 standard. It proposes to move the following three critical flows to the blockchain: advertising, in-app billing, and app approvals to allow transactions to occur through a blockchain-supported cryptocurrency in a decentralised, neutral and open system.
We are looking for a Software Developer to work in a multi-functional team dedicated to the AppCoins project. The challenge is large-scale and provides almost unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth.
What you'll do:
- Help build the standard of blockchain services for mobile apps
- Help create prototypes of blockchain-based systems
- Work alongside a talented, cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Blockchain related projects
- Experience in Smart Contract development using Solidity, Viper or equivalent
- Knowledge of in the fields of cryptography and security
- Experience in delivering production-quality code
- Fluent English
- Dedicated team player
- Attractive salary&benefits package
- Opportunity to make a difference developing a global product
- Amazing talented team