The AppLift Engineering team works on a full-stack self-serve demand platform, which includes campaign management and analytics for real-time bidding. We help app developers to intelligently bid on advertising spaces in milliseconds. We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team in Berlin. Have a look at our technology section: http://www.applift.com/technology and our tech blog: http://techblog.applift.com/.
AppLift Engineering has recently transformed into a collaboration between full-featured self-organized teams. Team tasks may vary from quarter to quarter and they are always driven by clearly defined goals and their business value. Every team is fully responsible for delivering their software and holding close contact with the stakeholders. We organize regular product demos where we share our progress with our stakeholders and collect their feedback. Typical team size is five people. A team consists of Software and Tests Engineers and a Product Manager.
We serve both internal and external customers. Our infrastructure in AWS runs on state of the art stack including such technologies as Docker, Mesos, Kafka, Spark, ELK, Redis, to name the few. We follow ‘best for the task’ approach when designing our platform and choosing technologies, as we are always willing to improve.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us and help designing, building and maintaining our systems and infrastructure. A passionate tech-head, who never stops learning new technologies and tools. Who shares DevOps philosophy and emphasises and facilitates effective communication and collaboration between engineering, product and operations, and is ready to help building our team culture.
- Work with engineers on automation of delivery process
- Automate provisioning, maintenance and scaling of our platform
- Setup monitoring and alerting on all levels
- Improve system operations and deployment processes
- Break down the problem, understand the tradeoffs and clearly communicate your concerns and vision
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing, implementing and maintaining distributed Linux-based systems, failover and backup solutions
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management using Terraform
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like ELK, Prometheus, InfluxDB, etc.
- Experience with network engineering and strong knowledge of IPv4.
- Experience configuring and running Docker containers orchestration on Mesos
- Comfortable working with AWS
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Experience with such programming languages as Bash, Python, Ruby or Golang is a plus
- Expectation for setting high standards to your work and a high performing team of peers who will both support and challenge you
- MacBook or PC laptop based on your preference
- Company supported attendance of technical conferences across Europe
- Competitive salary package
- Direct feedback and peer review culture