Tech Lead Developer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Tech Lead experience, to lead the development of a new product, establishing a technical vision with the development team and working with the developers to turn it into reality.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so you should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
This is a hands-on role, so you will work with the product manager to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Produce and implement functional software solutions, managing our team and providing effective guidance
- Supervise, manage and motivate team members on a daily basis, setting clear team goals
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Monitor team performance and report on metric, recognising high performance and rewarding accomplishments
This role is based in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, in Spain. This is a great place to live, thanks to its laidback lifestyle, affordable prices, and unique natural beauty. Las Palmas is the ninth largest city in Spain, fast becoming a hub for digital nomads, and has “the best climate in the world” according to a Syracuse University study.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Spain
- Extensive experience in software development, work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Excellent coding skills
- Decision-making, organizational and leadership skills
- Significant experience developing in Python and Django
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other RDBMS
- Experience with web application security and best practices
- Experience with agile methodologies
Nice to have
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Have worked on projects of your own you can demo
- Contributions to open source projects
- Performance bonus
- Great office, friendly and informal work environment
- High growth potential
- Opportunity to build and shape a new product
- Free coffee
- Social events, annual global gathering