We’re on the hunt for a DevOps Specialist, to work with our existing part-time team to make substantial physical progress towards implementing scalable cloud infrastructure within the first few months of getting started in the role.
This is a huge opportunity, and offers a chance to start the process of transforming a growing startup infrastructure into the modern, scalable and secure platform we need.
There are three main areas where this role will be taking ownership:
- Managing and developing our cloud based system infrastructure
- Service uptime and performance metrics
- Security, scalability & reliability of cloud platform
Of course variety is the spice of life, so you can also expect to:
- Research, plan, design and build a scalable, reliable, secure and performant cloud based infrastructure for a modern SaaSsolution deployed on mobile, web and as APIs
- Maintain our present server infrastructure (patch, monitor availability & overall health)
- Ensure and advocate redundancy, scalability and security in all our work
- Take ownership of disaster recovery and backup strategies
- Take ownership of prioritising, responding to and handling server issues
4+ years in a technical role such as Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, Sys Admin or equivalent in production cloud environments, delivering customer-facing web applications and/or online services
Knowledge and experience of AWS (SQS, S3) or other cloud platforms
Experience with both MongoDB and MySQL administration
Jenkins / TravisCI or equivalent
Linux (we use Ubuntu)
Monitoring tools (we use DataDog)
Shell script programming
Docker / Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Kubernertes
Experienced in 'Infrastructure as Code'/IaaS practices
Experience with at least one programming language
Nice to have
The soft skills needed to thrive in this role…
Technology agnostic mindset with a proven experience to identify and learn new systems, languages and frameworks
Great communication skills
If remote, demonstrable experience of having worked remotely successfully
- Tech/ work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Learning perks: You’ll get a book budget, so treat yourself to your next reads on us.
For more information on our perks and why we are a great place to work, check out our Instagram here.