Senior DevOps Engineer
A personalised news app that combines editorial expertise and curation with the very latest personalisation technologies to bring our readers the stories that matter to them. Growing fast we are looking for creative and committed people to help build our vision in the Berlin Headquarter. If you’re looking to join a young, international team full of fantastic talent that has the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company - look no further.
Role description & responsibilities
- You will help ensure our infrastructure is secure, robust, and scales to handle our largest traffic spikes.
- You should be keen on automating all the things, an advocate of infrastructure as code, and keep our continuous deployment pipeline running, all while keeping our infrastructure costs under control.
- You will also keep up-to-date with the latest tools and features that could help our teams perform even better.
- On top you are willing to support our developers becoming part-time DevOps as well.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years of Terraform
- 3+ years of Continuous Integration and Deployment using Jenkins
- Familiar with centralized logging and monitoring (Splunk, Datadog)
- Good knowledge (1+ years) of message queuing technologies (RabbitMQ/Kafka)
- Good Linux System Administration knowledge
- Fluent in Ansible and Packer
- Proven experience with Docker and Kubernetes (2+ years)
Nice to have
- Deployment strategies
- Of course, we have Football (Kicker), table tennis and all the other start-up gimmicks
- Free drinks, all drinks (beer, coffee, tea, club-mate, champagne on special occa-sions etc.)
- Fresh fruit twice a week
- Your choice of a MacBook or a Windows/Linux machine
- A smart phone w/ contract
- A very generous self-development budget to get certified or to travel to conferences all over the world
- A competitive salary
- Chance to push your ideas and visions, in particular during the periodic hackathons