A personalised news app that combines editorial expertise and curation with the very latest personalisation technologies to bring our readers the stories that matter to them. Growing fast we are looking for creative and committed people to help build our vision in the Berlin Headquarter. If you’re looking to join a young, international team full of fantastic talent that has the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company - look no further.
Role description & responsibilities
- You are a software engineer at heart, and you love tackling problems with data.
- You’re comfortable tapping into different sources and making the data available for business usage, as well as querying it and optimising processes to access it.
- You are also able to design more sophisticated solution to bring machine learning powered features to production and help scientific research on our data.
You take ownership for data integrity and you have the proactivity to spot, communicate and resolve issues independently.
Design, create and maintain data-warehouse structures (data marts) to meet business operation needs
Write ETL code and data pipelines for our data lake
Data manipulation and training/evaluation solutions to help our research on the data
Bring machine learning powered features, for business and users to production
- An academic degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or comparable field
- 3+ years of work experience in building and maintaining data warehouse systems and data pipelines
- Very good knowledge of Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or any other cloud computing platform
Nice to have
Experience in working closely with Marketing departments and C-level executives
Spark, Hadoop (or similar distributed data processing technologies)
Machine learning technologies
Proficiency with data analysis
- It’s an opportunity to work with passionate, curious people with a constant strive to improve and go the extra mile.
- We are a very diverse and international group and we have a strong culture of collegiality and an extraordinary team spirit that we are happy to share with you and are proud of.
- We provide personal growing support: from blog posts to tech talks and knowledge sharing.
- We conduct hackathons/hack-weeks every now and then, we are willing to make experiments and constantly try to grow.
- Competitive salary and unlimited contract and many more benefits.