Senior Agile Coach
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
We started transitioning to Agile in 2016 and have been continuously improving the way we work. Our multiple cross-functional product groups are set up with Scrum, Kanban and flavors in between. We are looking to spread the Agile values and mindset to all areas of the company.
What you will do
The goal is to establish an Agile center of gravity around our company.
As an agile coach, you will work with a cross-functional product group that is home to multiple cross-functional teams, helping them out on a daily basis and leading them towards self-organisation. This includes facilitating all the agile rituals and educating people to adopt a user-centric approach. Within a big product group you will be likely to work hand in hand with another agile coach as well.
We believe clear and meticulous backlogs are one of the keys to build great products in a safe environment for everyone. You will work closely with Product Owners, helping them to make product decisions and keep a productive working relationship with their team.
As a group of agile facilitators, we will hold team and cross-team workshops, grow our agile community of practice in house, develop programs for our agile champions, and organise open spaces for the wider Agile community.
We will shape the agile landscape for the company at scale, spreading agile values to non-technical teams and handling the transition towards distributed teams.
We are looking for someone to act as a galvanizing force to share Agile knowledge within the existing product groups and across the company.
- You are an energetic person with very good communication skills, have a desire to ever optimize processes and workflows and enjoy working with people and teams.
- You worked with Scrum and/or Kanban for 3+ years and firmly believe that Agile is the vehicle to create great work environments and great products. You deeply understand and are willing to strongly advocate the values and principles behind the Agile manifesto, even if it means challenging existing structures. You therefore understand impediments as opportunities to change or dissolve existing constraints.
- You know where to draw the line between dogmatism and negotiable parts from any Agile methodology, and understand that you need to act as a servant leader and a coach. You are the guardian of your team, knowing when to shield them and when to push on their behalf.
- You lead by example rather than by dictate and you know how to bring out the best in people. You’re not afraid to deal with conflicts and can mediate them efficiently. You contribute actively to a sustainable and collaborative, team oriented culture.
- Experience with design thinking, conducting Agile workshops and programs as well as scaling Agile frameworks would be great.
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Personalized Onboarding
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- Individual Professional Development Budget
- 24 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and a special attention to work-life balance
- Fixed and fair salary ranges instead of individual negotiation
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- Our work environment day to day communication is in English
- A wide range of employee benefits including a premium bank